Thanks to advanced technology, lighting solutions for machine vision image processing has become even simpler, flexible and efficient. Intelligent lighting (smart lighting) brings benefits to various machine vision applications by enabling lighting to be integrated with cameras in a plug & play process, and providing the necessary lighting data which is important for Industry 4.0 systems.
Key functional drivers and benefits of the Intelligent Lighting are:
- lIntegration of camera and lighting within one machine vision environment (one place to set-up all devices), as well as the direct link into imaging software
- Ease of use, Plug & Play
- Lighting data for Industry 4.0 for predictive maintenance, diagnostics and continuous improvement purposes
- Easy and safe implementation of advanced lighting control functions such as overdriving, accurate strobing, multi-pulsing
For easy plug & play connectivity between cameras and lights
Basler Camera Light, powered by CCS - A comprehensive series of Basler SLP feature compatible lighting, jointly developed by both Basler and CCS, the world's leading camera and lighting manufacturer for machine vision applications, offers the maximum ease of use and great cost performance.
The system comprises a combination of harmonized components (camera + light + cables) and an integrated lighting controller, where the light is controlled directly from the camera in a ‘plug and play’ environment, allowing easy set-up of a powerful machine vision system in a timely and cost effective way.
In addition, the Basler pylon Camera Software Suite provides one configuration environment for both camera and lighting, and all parameterization of light and camera is done via just one interface - including automatic timing for strobing and overdriving.
Series production is scheduled for Q4 2019.
For specialist applications requiring guaranteed illumination levels
FASTUS technology offers a whole new level of machine vision lighting solutions with sensing, monitoring and feedback functions, realizing a stable and reliable inspection. It also guarantees lighting intensity and integrates with GenICam for Industry 4.0 maintenance and performance data.
Sensing - Variation correction and stabilization
Current correction circuit corrects LED forward current variations to achieve uniform brightness. Temperature compensation circuit corrects brightness fluctuation due to rising temperatures after lighting comes on and ambient temperature changes.
Monitoring - Monitoring and adjustment of brightness and temperature variations
Luminance monitor function allows numerical brightness control, with upper/lower limit settings enabling alarm output. Absolute luminance values based on factory default data can be used as indices to enable uniform brightness across lighting.
Feedback - Brightness maintenance
Brightness is automatically adjusted to maintain initial settings.
For high precision lighting applications
trinitiTM is a new, enabling technology from our group company - Gardasoft, which provides expert control, operational intelligence and full integration of Machine Vision Lighting - all within a ‘plug-&-play’ environment.
With triniti, Machine Vision systems with LED Lighting are now much easier to create, configure and commission, while, at the same time, offering increased functionality. This is because complex control techniques have now been made very easy to implement.
Key benefits at a glance: • Enables non-expert users to use expert Machine Vision lighting techniques • Revolutionises the integration of lighting parameters right through to application level software • Addresses the industry’s identified need for a highly flexible system that is also readily ‘plug-&-play’ • Provides a stability of brightness, long-term, that helps to enhance the reliability of Machine Vision systems, over many years
Machine Vision Applications
Line (Convergent Lighting)
Line (Diffused Lighting)
Line (Oblique Angled Lighting)
UV Lights [Ultraviolet Lighting] / Violet Light
IR Lights [Infrared Lighting] (under 1000nm)
Custom Order Product
Intensity Control Units [Light Units with Intensity Control Unit ]
Basler Camera Light Series
- BCL Series (Bar Light)
- BCR Series (Ring Light)
- BCBL Series (Flat Light)
- BCF Series (Flood Light)
- BCL Series (Bar Light) Diffusion Plates
- BCR Series (Ring Light) Diffusion Plates
- BCF Series (Flood Light) Transparent Plate
- BCL Series (Bar Light) Light Polarizing Plates
- BCR Series (Ring Light) Polarizing Plates
- BCF Series (Flood Light) Polarizing Plates
- BCR Series (Ring Light) Light Adapter
- BCL Series (Bar Light) Light Bracket
- Basler Camera Light dedicated cable
IR Lights [Infrared Lighting] (over 1000nm)
Human Vision Inspection and Microscope Applications
High Power Strobe Control Unit
Digital Control Units
Analog Control Units
Building Block Types
LED Light Controller
Control Units [for the HLV Series]
High-capacity Analog Control Unit
High-capacity Constant-current Control Units
Controller with EtherNet/IP Interface
PoE Enabled Controller
Control Units [for CCS AItec]
Extension Cable [for PF Series]
2-way Cables [EL connector type]
Straight Cables [EL connector type]
2-way Cables [EL connector type]
Straight Cables for metal connector (7 pins)
Straight Cables for metal connector (37 pins)
Straight Cables for M12 connector
External Control Cables
- Polarizing Plates [for IR Series Infrared Lights (over 1000-nm type)]
- Polarizing Plates [for HLDL3 Series]
- Polarizing Plates [for LDR-PF Series]
- Polarizing Plates [for LDL-PF Series]
- Polarizing Plates [for Ring Lights]
- Polarizing Plates [for Bar Lights]
- Polarizing Plates [for Coaxial Lights]
- PL Series (FASTUS)
- Diffusion Plates [for HLDL3 Series]
- Diffusion Plates [for LDR-PF Series]
- Diffusion Plates [for LDL-PF Series]
- Diffusion Plates [for Ring Lights]
- Diffusion Plates [for Low-angle Ring Lights]
- Diffusion Plates [for Bar Lights]
- Diffusion Plates [for Coaxial Lights]
- DF80 Series
- DF Series
- Diffusion Plates [for LDR-PF-LA Series]
- DF-ISL-165X165 Series
Light Control Films
Adapter [for the CSR Series]
Lens Attachment Rings